To kick off 2018, Nancy is starring in Marginal Loss at the 42nd Annual Humana Festival! In this world premiere production, she plays Allegra Park, a star-on-the-rise Wall Street trader whose firm was located on the top floors of the Twin Towers. In days after 9/11, she and her surviving coworkers struggle to recoup their losses while wondering: what does "getting back to normal" really mean?
Written by Deborah Stein, directed by Meredith McDonough, and cast by Calleri. The production runs from March 8th - April 9th at the Actors Theatre of Louisville. More information here.
highlights of 2017
In the last year, Nancy:
- Performed in an extended 51-performance run of Tom Stoppard’s The Hard Problem, at the Studio Theatre (DC Premiere). Directed by Matt Torney and cast by Kate Murray of the Public Theater, it became a Helen Hayes award recommended production
- Appeared in Season 6, Episode 6 of Homeland on Showtime. Acted with Elizabeth Keane, directed by Alex Graves, and cast by Judy Henderson
- Made her feature film debut opposite Morgan Freeman in the bank heist comedy Going in Style, directed by Zach Braff and cast by Avy Kaufman
- Made her indie feature film debut in the sister comedy What Children Do, which won the Grand Jury Prize at RIFF and 'Best Narrative Feature - Comedy’ at Woods Hole while touring 17 (!!!) festivals
- Appeared in her second indie film, Bruce!!! which premiered at ABFF with Grand Jury Prize-winning best director Eden Marryshow
- Participated in 3 New Dramatists workshops for playwright Mia Chung, directed by Ken Prestininzi, Lisa Rothe, and Lee Sunday Evans
- Participated in a Playwrights Realm workshop of Endlings by 2017-18 fellow Celina Song, directed by Sammi Cannold and cast by Calleri
- Made final callbacks for ABC Discovers showcase
- Shot the season finale of NBC Shades of Blue (airing in 2018)
- became a member of the SAG-AFTRA Asian Pacific American Media Committee
- joined Actors Equity!
- And signed with Headline Talent for legit and CESD for commercial.
Above are some photos of these memories, as compiled by instagram's #bestnine.
Onward and upward! :)